Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Docent in Training - A New Assignment


Ballplay of the Dakota on the St. Peters River in Winter _ 1848
Seth Eastman - 1808-1875
Hello,

I once again missed last weeks class, due to my back, and worse I missed working with my mentor.

However, I have my assignment for next weeks class and it will be such a fun thing to do. I am to research and come up with tour notes for a collection piece not on display at this time. I have chosen the painting at the right and will have the notes on it in the blog that will be after the class.

There will also be notes on the artist, Seth Eastman, a very interesting man. More on both later.

I will be meeting with my mentor Subie on Thursday the 21st to learn how to best use the library for research before a tour. We were taken through the library (a former post) but that was so much at one time I could not really wrap my mind around it. So with that in mind, this is just a footnote in this trip to become a tour guide at the ACMAA.

Until later,

Keep art in your heart and in the schools.

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment